Fish, ideally, any less bony fish would work, eg. Tilapia etc..
1 onion, medium sized, thinly sliced
1 tomato, 8 wedges
1-2 cloves of garlic, sliced
.25 tsp of tumeric powder
.5 tsp of red chilli powder
.5 tsp of cumin powder
3-4 green chillies, slivered
coriander leaves to garnish
salt, to taste
First and foremost, it is very important that you wash your fish with salt several times. If the fish smells all your efforts of cooking this or any fish dish is going to go to a waste.
1. In a deep skillet, saute onions and garlic until light golden brown
2. Add spices, salt and green chillies. Continue to fry
3. Add .5 cup of water and simmer
4. Add fish, cauliflower and tomatoes and continue to cook, from time to time keep on adding water so that there is light and thin gravy. Cover and let simmer. move the saucepan around instead of stirring so that the fish does not break.
5. Once the cauliflower is soft and fish is done sprinkle with a little more of cumin and garnish with coriander and serve.