10 pieces chicken wings
3/8 ounce garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1/4 ounce ginger, peeled and finely chopped
3/8 ounce fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
3/8 ounce green chillies, finely chopped
4 7/8 teaspoons all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons cornflour
Salt, to taste
panko bread crumbs to coat
oil, to deep fry
1. Break each chicken wing into two parts at the joint.
2. Take each part and pull back the meat from one end of the bone to the other carefully, making sure that you do not pull the meat completely out.
3. Put all the chicken lollipops in a bowl.
4. Add ginger and garlic to the chicken. Mix well.
5. Add green chillies and coriander leaves to the same. Mix well.
6. Add half a cup of all purpose flour and quarter cup of cornflour to the same. Mix well.
7. Break one egg into the bowl.
8. Add salt to taste.
9. Mix well and keep aside for 1 hour to marinate.
10. After an hour is up, heat oil in a wok.
11. Coat the chicken lollipops with panko bread crumbs
12. Deep fry the chicken lollipops in the hot oil by holding the tip of the bone and placing the meaty section of the lollipop in the oil.
11. Drain on clean kitchen paper napkins. Serve hot.
Tidbit: Mix Chili Sauce, Ketchup and Mayonnaise and serve as a dipping sauce.
To get a better idea on how to make the chicken wings look like lollipops watch this video. Please also note the that chef in the video is using a variation of the recipe.