Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cabbage Pakoras

Ever since it's been raining, I've been craving cabbage pakoras, but have been too lazy to make it. So I decided to share the recipe so someone can make it for me and send it my way...muahaha

Ingredients

2 cups of cabbage, shredded
1-2 green chillies, chopped fine
1 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp cayenne (red chilli) powder
~1 ½ cups of besan (gram flour)
a pinch of baking soda
salt
vegetable oil for frying

Directions

1.Using a little water to make a thick batter with the besan, salt and the spices. Mix well to remove lumps.

2. Add the sesame seeds, the green chillies and the shredded cabbage.

3. Heat oil in a wok. The oil should be very hot for frying pakoras. Test with a drop of batter; it should sizzle.

4. Add the pinch of baking soda and a teaspoon of hot oil from the wok to the batter and mix well.

5. Drop spoonfuls of batter into the hot oil and fry till golden all around.

Serve hot with ketchup or with coriander-mint chutney

Photo Credit: Flickr.com - Mysoorean

1 comment:

Vulu's Recipe said...

Your Cabbage Pakoras looks great. I am running my recipe blog in Bangla with my own recipes. To develop our recipes sometimes I customize some foreign recipes with our local ingredients for our local people. If you can give me permission I can customize some of the recipes from your blog.

Let me know please by email at tuntuni@gmail.com.

Thanks