Sorry to all you food lovers who have been diligently checking our blog for an update. Not to worry! Change is coming your way. There will be more posts and frequently. Maybe we won't just post a recipe, but more on different ingredients. Would love to hear more on what you would like to read about!
With spring quickly approaching, I'm sure you will be looking for quicker and lighter recipes that maybe will help trim the waist line and more importantly not keep much of our time in the kitchen but more active outside. Time to smell the roses?
Surely enough a quick recipe for you...yes it a salad recipe...It's quick, it's refreshing and it is DELICIEUX!
Minty Red Cabbage Salad with Orange Segments
.5 a head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
3 whole oranges, segmented
few sprigs of mint leaves, chopped
few springs of cilantro leaves, chopped
salt and coarse black pepper to taste
2 tbsps of vinegar
1 tsp of sugar
2 green chilies, whole (seeded if you can't take the heat)
1. In a small bowl, dilute the salt, pepper and sugar in the vinegar.
2. Add the green chilies mint and cilantro leaves to the mixture.
3. In a serving bowl, mix red cabbage and the segmented oranges including the excess juices.
4. Pour in the liquid mixture and toss.
5. Refrigerate for a few hours and serve cold.
Tidbit: If you want you can also toast some almonds or walnuts and add to your salad.