Sunday, August 10, 2008
Serves 20- 25
Sweetened Condensed Milk - 14 oz
Evaporated Milk - 12 oz
Heavy Whipping Cream - 16 oz
Cool Whip Whipped Topping - 16 oz
Saffron (Kesar) - 1 big pinch
Sugar - 1 tsp
Cashews, Pistachios, Almonds - 1/2 cup, coarsely ground
1. With a mortar and pestal, grind together Sugar and Saffron.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine Sweetened Condensed Milk, Evaporated Milk, Heavy Whipping Cream and Cool Whip.
3. Using an electric hand blender (or by hand), gently mix all ingredients together.
4. Add in Saffron and Sugar mixture and Nuts. Mix well.
5. Pour mixture into small dixie style plastic cups. Cover cups with foil and insert a wooden popsicle stick into the center.
6. Freeze Kulfi for at least 4 - 6 hours, preferably overnight.
Tidbits: Kulfi can also be molded in a popsicle maker or fancy shaped ice cube trays. Kulfi has a very long shelf life so keep some on hand for an instant dessert option when guests are over. You may use this recipe as a base and add any fruit pulp of your choice to give it a different flavor.