Baby chicken - 1
Shrimps - 1 cup
Polao rice - 3 cups
Peas - ½ cup
Chopped potatoes - ½ cup
Chopped cauliflower - ½ cup
Baby carrots - ½ cup
Ginger paste - 1 tablespoon
Garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
Ground turmeric - 1 teaspoon
Chili powder - 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder - 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon - 2 to 3
Cardamom - 5 to 6
Green chili - 4 to 5
Salt - 1 tablespoon
Oil - 1 cup
1. Cut the chicken into small pieces. Wash properly with water and rinse.
2. Marinate the chicken for 10 to 15 minutes with ginger, garlic, turmeric, chili powder, cumin, coriander and ½ tablespoon of salt.
3. Wash the shrimps and chop them into small pieces.
4. Mix them with a dash of salt and fry them slightly in a pan. Keep aside.
5. Chop the vegetables (potatoes, carrot, cauliflower) into smaller pieces.
6. Also fry them slightly until they are brown. Keep aside.
7. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and brown the onions.
8. Add in the cardamom, cinnamon and the marinated chicken, and mix thoroughly with 2 to 3 tablespoons of water for 3 to 4 minutes.
9. Once mixed well, add another ½ cup of water and cover over low heat.
10. When the gravy thickens and the water has somewhat dried up, turn off the heat.
11. Wash and rinse the rice thoroughly.
12. Heat the rest of the oil in a separate non-stick pan, and fry the rice.
13. After 2 to 3 minutes, add salt, peas and mix with 6 to 7 cups of water.
14. Once the rice starts boiling, add the fried vegetable and green chili.
15. Cover and keep over medium heat.
16. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, and mix in the chicken and gravy.
17. Stir for a few minutes, and then add the fried shrimps and mix again.
Once the chicken and rice is cooked, turn off the heat and serve hot.