1 1/2 cups mixed colorful bite-size melon pieces, such as cantaloupe, honeydew, Ogen or Charentais
1/3 cup sugar
1 750-ml bottle crisp white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio
1/4 cup brandy
2 tablespoons Triple Sec or other orange-flavored liqueur
3/4 cup sparkling water or club soda
Lime or starfruit slices for garnish
Small mint sprigs for garnish
1. Stir melon and sugar together in a large pitcher. Let stand for 15 to 30 minutes to draw out the juices.
2. Just before serving, stir wine, brandy, Triple Sec (or other orange liqueur) and sparkling water (or club soda) into the pitcher.
3. Add ice cubes to 6 glasses.
4. Fill the glasses with the sangria, spooning some of the fruit into each glass.
5. Garnish each drink with a slice of lime (or starfruit) and a sprig of mint.
This recipe is from www.eatingwell.com