2 lbs juicy orange carrots
6 1/3 cups of whole milk
14 -17 oz of sugar, depends on desired sweetness
3 - 4 cardamom, whole
saffron few flakes
few drops orange color (optional)
1 tbsp Ghee
1. Peel and grate carrots
2. Put milk and carrots in a heavy saucepan.
3. Boil till thick, stirring occassionally. Once it starts thickening, stir continuously.
4. Add sugar and cook further till thickens.
5. Add ghee, elaichi, saffron and colour.
6. Stir on low heat till the mixture collects in a soft ball or the ghee oozes out.
7. Serve hot, garnished with chopped almonds or pistachios.